Monday, January 23, 2006

First Stage: Process Flow Diagram and Concept Map Draft 1

Method to the Madness

This phase of the project was very thorough and tedious. In order to begin my Process Flow Diagram, and Concept Maps, I wanted to clarify certain major aspects of a Soccer game, which were still extremely unclear to me. Soccer positions are very abstract; the same position can be referred to as 4 different titles, all meaning the same thing, such as Halfback and Midfielder, but to someone who knows nothing about the game can be very confusing. Even more confusing, was figuring out that some positions can alternate from offensive and defensive positions depending on the player's location on the field, or who has possession of the ball. My first inclination was to reach for the pen and paper and actually draw out the entire soccer field in perspective with each player on the field as they would be in any real game situation. Then, I identified each player on the field with every possible name usage. From there, I made a mini Concept Map to visualize the hierarchy of the positions, which I concluded that there wasn't one; each position adjusts to the flow of the game, besides the goalie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home